- New Portal interface! You can now start an application and then submit it whenever it is ready for submission. Application will remain incomplete until it is submitted. Note: if you have already submitted a permit through the Portal and are awaiting a response, please do not submit the same one again.
- Make sure you're signed up for all email notifications! Check out this guide for how to make sure you're signed up for email notifications and that you're not missing any.
Welcome to the Franklin County Online Permit Center
Once you create an account, you will have the ability to:
- Apply for a Permit
- Upload Documents
- Check the status of your permit application
- Pay permit fees online
- Request an inspection
- View scheduled inspections
- Review inspection activity and results
Franklin County has adopted the 2019 Residential Code of Ohio, which only regulates 1, 2, and 3 family dwellings/residential homes. Zoning compliance requirements and commercial building permits vary by jurisdiction.
Helpful links and resources:
We do not accept zoning compliance submissions for the following townships (contact their zoning departments for steps to submit zoning compliances for their review):